Monday, November 10, 2008

My background

Some of my background:

I was born in Malaysia, one of the south east asia countries, where it has a lot of natural resources, such as petrol, palm oils, and others.

My first investment was in year 1998 (financial crisis). The first investment became failure when the firm that I invested went downlisted due to bankrupcy. Since then, I learnt that I could not buy the penny stock. And when I think back, I was very happy that my first investment was failed, otherwise my phillosophy of investment would not changed.

My second investment was in year 2002/03, when I was Univestity student. This was a good learning chance for me to learn that we could not buy stocks at the bull market (peak period), and if so, we must buy a good stock where its business can grow steadily in long run.

Since then, I started to learn more investment skills, especially when I learn from Cari (http://chinese.cari.com.my ). From there, I learnt about fundamental analysis (e.g. ROE, PE, NTA, etc) and I would also know how to determine whether is it a good investment or not by accessing the current stock price and the expected return.

I again improved myself by attending the CFA Courses on year 2005 and passed level I on the same year itself. My main focus is property industry, service industry, consumer industry, and financial industry.

Currently my entire portfolio had reached 6 figures (in RM). Although it is just a small amount for many people, but it took me about 5 years from 4 figures to 6 figures, by saving and investing.

I would like to use 7 years or less to achive my dream of become a millionaire in Malaysia. Hence I would like to help more people on investing and be a better man everyday.

Welcome to give some comments on my blog, so that I can also learn from you. It is the world of collaboration, I would like to thank to every friend who gives me support, and allow me to still survive in the world of investment.


Regards,
Jack Phang

1 comment:

沙米 said...

Hello,i am one of ur silence followers, always read ur post in chinese cari(but seldom see ur new post for a long time),learning to invest now, nice blog for a newbie,thank you.